Okay, so the title is a little late to all the Canadians but I was able to celebrate the Canadian holiday this weekend with my parents. They missed it with my grandparents but I decided since they were missing it and it was Thanksgiving, that we would have our own. It was nice to do it with family and we had a good time together. Not to mention the awesome food we made along with our 14 lb turkey which Jason and I are still eating leftovers (really we don't mind, it's way too good to pass up). Mom and Dad wanted to see our new home which I think they liked. Even the small bed they slept on together wasn't too bad or so they say.
We took them to Billings on Saturday for some shopping. The Canadian dollar is worth more than the American so they got their money's worth. They had even gone to Grand Forks the weekend before for some shopping. Jason and I were the lucky recipients of this shopping trip though. We had made the comment how we wanted to get a new dining set because our chairs are really loose and wobbly. They said they wanted to buy us a new set. Off to Billings we went. We've both kind of been liking the newest style of the counter height tables and chairs, so that's kind of what we were looking at. We found a set at Ashley's that was nice and for a good price. And right next to it was the leather couch and loveseat we've been dreaming about and wanting to buy. We pointed it out to mom and dad and we asked the price. It was on sale along with the loveseat and a new area rug. They couldn't pass up the deal and decided to also buy it for us. It was like Christmas! So we'll get it all in November. We also got some birthday and easter money from my grandparents. So to add to our new house and new furniture, (Faith you'll be happy to note you don't have to eat on my blue dishes anymore) I bought the white square corelle dishes. They're huge. I didn't think about the size or the square shape until I put it in the microwave and the table almost didn't turn, but it works.
We met up with Jason's family and all went for dinner. Sunday we slept in and leisurely got the turkey and dinner ready. Went to Cody for a drive and Walmart and played the new DVD Clue game. I think we all had a good weekend. I even had Monday off due to Columbus day, so I took off to Billings to exchange a robe and got my new dishes. It was nice to go by myself because I could where I wanted to go and dawdle if I wanted to and not have someone asking me to hurry up.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
It is good to hear that you had a great Canadian Thanksgiving with your parents. Do they come out often? Shopping for new furniture is always fun!
Oh sweet!! That is awesome, new couches and a table and chairs. Was it your Christmas gift? We have Derksen Thanksgiving on Saturday at Uncle Ernie's. Calvin and I got possession of "Sunny Acres" yesterday. We are going to move sometime in November.
Hey Amanda! Gina emailed me last night to say that you wanted to have access to my blog, so all you have to do is give me your email address so I can add you and then you can come visit my blog. It's a private one, so that's why I need your email address. Sounds like you guys are doing great! Long time no talk, huh?
Hey Wenona
It's born2worship365@hotmail.com
WOW, new stuff and new house!! What a blessing!! We love the high chairs and tables too... I bet your Mom and Dad loved the bed, didn't they want to be really close to each other??? Forever???
Hawaii??? Let us know!!!
Post a Comment