Friday, November 2, 2007

Deer, Deer, and More Deer

We got our new furniture delivered and we love it. The table is the new bar style. It's something to get used to but it's kind of fun too.


Well it is that time of year again. The deer hunters are out and my deer hunter got a buck 2 weekends ago. He went with a bunch of guy friends for the weekend. They put in a lot of miles on horse back and some on foot. He met up with another friend, Jon, who Jason helped get him his first buck. He was so excited.



This was Jason' deer this year. On the right side of the deer(your left) one of the tips of the tines kind of blew up and had about 4 or 5 points, so that made it a non-typical.


Yesterday, we both went out with our friends Bob and Kim Moulten. We were going to just drive around and see what deer were out. Well, we came on this huge deer and Kim got out and shot it in one shot. Not to be outdone, her husband also found a huge deer.

We drove around all day after they both got their deer, looking for a big one for me. We didn't see very many others so we went home. I came home skunked. So this morning after some coaxing from Jason, we got up and left at 5:30am, drove an hour away started the hunt. We passed up one buck and thought maybe there was a bigger one. We came upon another buck which was smaller, but I was so frustrated already and didn't want to spend our sunday hunting, so I shot it. A very little 2 point. I'm improving on the rack size. Last year I only got a single point spike. So there is some more meat for the freezer. We got home, cleaned it, cleaned ourselves and even made it on time for church. Not bad for a busy weekend.

Here's the view from one of the top mountain roads we went on. Lots of snow and drifts in the hill but not in town, yet.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Love the new furniture!!

Wenona said...

Nice new furniture! And I love the fact that you go hunting with your husband. I've gone deer and bear hunting as well, never shot anything, but was very eager too! I guess this year I won't seeings as it probably isn't the best idea to sit still in a bank of snow while pregnant! Congrats on the 2 pointer! Phil just shot a doe for meat this weekend as well, but he's looking forward to rifle season in a week so he can get a bigger buck.

Christine said...

Amanda, I can't believe that you hunt! Good for you. I think it is great when women can get involved in their husbands activities. The view is amazing.

Jess and Eddy said...

Hunt, Hunt, Hunt, great season for jerky!!! I just don't like the snow... looks cold!! In Brazil the water freezes at 65F.... Thats why we are going to Sudan!!!
Cool shots!! God bless you guys!! Thinking in going to Hawaii in January and Sudan in March/April!!!
Blessings!!!