
I'm snug and warm in my little house while my husband and two other guys are traipsing in the mountains trying to fill their deer and elk tags. The weather is not exactly ideal to be outside in. There has been a snow storm settling in over Wyoming for the weekend. It was kind of unexpected and the weather channel says we're supposed to accumulate up to 12"! But it will melt next week as the temps rise into the 50's again. I haven't cleaned out my garden but I did pick all the produce I wanted and cleaned it out that way. Just the plants are left.

Here's the latest addition to our herd. Saber is a big boy and hides my little fat mare, Emma. He's boss of the pen and lets Emma know it.

I've been busy making salsa, canning peaches, shredding zucchini, and making spaghetti sauce. I'm quite tired of tomatoes but I have a big bag left over of tomatoes that aren't quite ripe yet. So I'll have to get some more jars and make one last batch of salsa. Last weekend we went up into the mountains with some friends and brought some along. They just loved the homemade stuff.



Some views of the changing leaves that we saw in the mountains. Jason had planned on staying in a tent. Thankfully we didn't have to and could stay in Tracy and Quin's trailer. It turned out to be a really cold and wet weekend. I would have been miserable.
And Finally....

Yes, I'm pregnant!!! It's hard to believe and a bit surreal that it's happening. I've had 2 appointments already and was able to hear the heartbeat for the first time on Tuesday. It just made it so real that there is a baby inside of me and it's not just an "idea" that I'm pregnant. So they've pegged my due date at April 26th. I've got a really nice female doctor and her assistant was really great as well, which makes me feel more comfortable. Some of our friends were joking if they had to draw us a picture. I guess not. So to answer the many burning questions people have about others pregnancies. I haven't been sick which has been a big blessing at work. I have been tired though most days when I get home. Jason has been a really big help around the house. He sees something that needs to be done and he does it. I've also been more hungry at school and at home, so I've been taking more snacks to school to compensate. Not too much to report. Right now, it hasn't been all that bad. Hopefully it continues.
5 comments:
Congratulations Amanda!!! How exciting! I'm so glad that you have been feeling well, that is a blessing. I also announced my pregnancy on the (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend last year.
Hope you continue to feel well and that your pregnancy goes well. Now we are going to need more frequent updates!! LOL.
I know I said it already but I'll say it again.... Congratulations!! Glad you have been feeling well.
So, Saber isn't the only recent addition to your herd, eh? Congrats!
Oh Jason and Amanda that's such great news. We are very happy and excited for you!!! I will be anxious to see "popping" pictures of the pregnancy!!
Take care and congratulations you will be wonderful parents.
Dana
Congrats!! That is great! You will have to make sure that you post pictures during your pregnancy!! It won't take long and your energy will come back.
Post a Comment