Well, we've made it through November and we're shockingly in to December. At the moment, I'm 19 1/2 weeks prego and starting to look somewhat pregnant. Let's just say, the jeans don't fit anymore. We have a doctor's appointment on friday along with our first ultra sound. I actually like going to my appointments, as weird as that my sound, but I like hearing the heart beat and now we'll get our first glimpse of what is to come. It also helps that my doctor is really nice and I don't feel stupid asking dumb questions. My friend, Sheila Henson is also pregnant with her first and is about 12 weeks pregnant. We compare notes on how we've been feeling. Sorry to say but she's had it a lot worse than I have. I've started to feel little kicks and punches and it excites me. I've been told I have "The Glow".
We had Thanksgiving last thursday in Billings with Jason's family. It was a small gathering with only 8 people and a 19lb turkey! We ventured out into the Black Friday shopping frenzy and I found a lot of pregnancy clothes that were at some good prices even without the sale. We didn't get the big sale items as my agenda was clothes. So we hit, Ross and found some cute shirts for cheap and at Target I loaded up on clothes. So there went my birthday and easter money, but it was so worth it. I even had a good time clothes shopping with Jason, as I'm usually picky, cheap and just get a bad attitude about it. I do have to say, he saves me a lot of time by telling me if he likes it or not. I'm far to hard on myself. We even found some things for him and decided to end the hectic day by going to see "Australia". Save you're money, it wasn't too bad but it's kind of a renter. Some of the graphics are really fake and didn't impress us. I had to take Jason to Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream and we headed home with our treasures in tow.
The weekend before, we went out with 6 other couples to a Christian comedian that was hosted by a local church. The night called for a mexican dinner and lots of laughs. Check out Tim Hawkins on Youtube. Somehow, laughing with friends just makes you laugh that much harder. We all had a really good ab workout, only to head to McDonald's before heading home. We'll have to plan another mass couples night out again.
We've been pretty fortunate to have such great friends. Our other "mom and dad" friends, took us out hunting and let the "baby mama", as I'm affectionately called by them and my husband, shoot a whitetail doe on their property. We were also with them when Jason shot a really big mule deer buck. They were bored and called us to go with them and shoot something. They're so much fun. Jason also helped someone pack out an elk and he gave us a half or 2 quarters of it. Then some friends of ours were moving and cleaning out their freezer and dropped off some pork for us. So our freezer is full and I'm waiting for some snow, as crazy as that sounds. But it is that time of year. This Saturday is the annual lighted parade in Powell, along with all kinds of Christmas activities. We'll see what we all take in.

4 comments:
Yay! Finally a belly pic! I must say that you are looking fantastic! I can't wait to see more pics in the future - that's a not-so-subtle hint to keep 'em coming!
I'm glad to hear that you found some great maternity clothes and had a successful day shopping on Black Friday - you're a brave woman!
Congrats on shooting a deer, I didn't go out with Phil this year - you know, taking a baby along just doesn't work that well, LOL.
You are looking good! And just think you are half way there already!
Amanda you look great for 19 weeks. By 19 weeks you had to roll me out of bed and push me out the car door. I was so huge. You look nice and fit. (If fit is even possible while you're pregnant) Anyway, I hope the next 19 weeks or so are as easy as the first. We'll be anxious to hear what kid of kido you have in there!!
Take care!
Awwww, look at that little baby bump! Congrats on being half done! Seeing your little wonder inside of you is the most amazing thing! I wish I could have had more than one ultra sound to be able to see the baby more than once. Glad to hear that things are going well! I am with Wenona, keep those baby bump pictures coming!!
Post a Comment