Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Last Post for a while

I'm sitting at the end of an "era". My life is going to be radically changing before me. Tomorrow is my last day of work and while it's a good thing, it's kind of sad too. I've told them that I'm just taking a leave to have the baby, and most of them know that I probably won't be back. I don't want to terminate my position just yet, because the insurance is what is paying for this baby. It will when we finally meet the deductible. Anyways... I've been at this job for my 4th year now and it's been my routine. I've also been lucky enough to have a personal computer that I've been taking home and been able to use at my whim. Well, that too will leave me tomorrow as I hand in my computer and keys. I was not sent off without a little baby shower. I did bring my camera but was too embarrased to ask anyone to take some photos, but I did take a shot of the gifts that were given to me.
These were from some of the ladies that work in the special ed. department. It was not expected at all but much appreciated. Some much needed zip-up jumpers, 5 onesie shirts, a thermometer, burp clothes, 2 homemade blankets, a book and rattle and a little bit of cash. Right now, our baby is going to be wearing a lot of yellow. They even decorated a couple of tables and had bought a little cake with little plastic blocks and balloons. My face was red of course, being the center of attention. We even had one of the guys show up who definitely looked out of place and didn't stay very long, but we all had a chuckle.


This is the belly at 35 weeks (2 1/2 weeks ago) and this is the belly today at 37 weeks and 3 days. Yep, I'm still getting bigger. I still can't believe that I'm going to be having a baby!

I don't know how soon I'll be able to post pictures of the baby or make an announcement about it due to the loss of a computer with internet. We plan to buy a laptop sometime soon so we can once again stay connected. Hopefully, it won't be too long.

5 comments:

Jess and Eddy said...

u r looking great Amanda!!
i can understand the feeling of the new life that is going to start.. We think about that alot too. God is faithful! Seems like we are not ready yet but He is bigger than that!
Blessings!!

Christine said...

Wow, you have three weeks left?!?! Time sure has flown by. Enjoy your time at home without baby. Dylan came a week early, so I didn't get as much time at home as what I had anticipated.

Gina said...

You are looking good!

Wenona said...

Oh you look FANTASTIC!! You are carrying that baby so well. And yes, the last day of work is bittersweet. I remember handing my keys in and backing out of my parking space for the last time. Oh well, it's all part of life. You should get someone who has internet access to post for you. Give them your password and stuff. That's what I did so I could let the world know sooner! Just a thought.
And yes, we need updates once baby is here! So get yourselves a laptop! lol.
All the best Amanda, you'll do great.

Prairie Mama said...

So great to see you last week! And even though I just saw you I still loved seeing your pics!

Lots of loves!