Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall is here!

The other day, the weather turned down right chilly. I was debating whether we needed to turn on the heat, but knowing that we'd need to turn on the air during the day, didn't make for a good enough reason. I just cranked up the oven and the electric heat we have in our room just to get the house up to 70 again. Granted, it was only 65 in the morning, it still felt cold. Katelyn's hands were cold in her bed, but it would help if she kept her hands under the blanket instead of over her head.

We really haven't been up to much the last couple of weeks. Jason's truck has been in the shop for the last couple of weeks, so he's been using my car, therefore leaving me stranded at home for the last week. I've kept busy by making applesauce the other day and working on some sewing projects for friends that are having their first babies this fall. Some have popped already and I'm late getting their gifts to them. The trend we are finding, with all of our friends that are having babies this year, is that they are all boys. Must have been something in the water.

Katelyn is growing like a weed and is into 6 month clothes already. Didn't get too many of that size, so we might have to do some shopping pretty soon. I wasn't quite on the ball with getting 4 month pictures, but I got 4 1/2 month pictures. Hard to believe that the 5 month marker is only 5 days away!














I caught her yesterday, playing with the stationary "mobile" above the pac-n-play. I've never noticed her doing this before, but it was just so cute to see that little hand reaching above the covers to touch her hippos.
She is so much fun, and so inquisitive. I love watching her find out new things. She has also started to respond to her name which is awesome to see. Her tongue, it seems, is her favorite appendige. She loves to stick it out when she smiles. So young but oh so smart.

No comments: