Monday, November 2, 2009

6 Months!

My baby is 6 Months old! No words can describe how much I love this little girl. We've gone from this little peanut at 7 lbs 14 oz, 18 inches, to 15lbs 7oz and 26 inches long
I never got a picture of Dr. Spomer with Katelyn after her delivery, so I thought now was a great chance to get a picture with her. I absolutely love her as a doctor. She is so friendly, personal and so wanting to help you. She even let me use her personal pump. How many doctors would do that for you? You can tell that she loves her job and the kids that come through. I was so blessed to have been able to get on with her. I have somewhat of a phobia with male doctors and feel so much more comfortable talking to a woman about woman things. She was so awesome during delivery too. Other doctors would have rushed into a c-section after Katelyn's heartbeat dropped, but she was willing to just wait and see what would happen, which it turned out all okay. At Katelyn's 4 month check-up, Dr. Spomer's RN Lisa Hobby, checked out Katelyn. She loves her job and is so much fun. I have been blessed at this office. They make me almost want to have another one, just so I can keep seeing them. I did say ALMOST!

But after seeing the Doctor and nurses for the 6 month check-up, Katelyn got 3 shots and that led to a very hard weekend. It had been a hard week to start off with having Jason sick. So I was nurse maid and mom. Thursday were her shots and then it got worse. Jason was slowly recovering and Katelyn had not gotten sick. I was loading up on vitamins so I also didn't get sick. After her shots, she had a fever for 2 days and didn't sleep very well without me holding her or feeding her. I slept in her room all week so I wouldn't get sick. Thursday night, we both had a hard time sleeping. I had her sleep with me but she woke up so often during the night that I was praying for the day to come. Jason came home during the day to help me out so I could sleep but we both ended up sleeping together. She slept, and I couldn't because if I moved she would wake up. Just one of the roughest nights we have had since she was born. Thankfully, she is over that, but still have a cough. So I don't know if she got sick and cranky from the shots or from Jason being sick and then getting the shots to lower her immune system. I don't know but thank God we got through it.

No comments: