Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nothing New

Since it has officially been a month since I've posted anything new, there really isn't anything new to post about.

Jason has been working in Bozeman, Montana, framing a house with a friend for the past couple of months. He should be done early October. This has meant 4 days at home alone with Katelyn, which isn't bad and Jason comes home on the weekends, which end up being busy and go by too fast. I've also gone up to stay with Jason for a couple of weeks as well. I get out and can actually go shopping by myself and still make it back to make dinner. So I've been out on the town too.

I've been freezing corn and making salsa this last week, preparing for the long winter ahead of us. I don't know where summer went, but fall is slowly approaching. There has been snow in the mountains around Bozeman and plenty of rain here as well.

Katelyn is growing up so quickly too. Had to buy her a few things like shoes and jeans for the fall. Have to get geared up for this winter too for the first time.

I got my hair cut yesterday by a friend I met when she was 13 yrs old and now she's married and 22. I needed something desperately new. I decided to take the plunge and add some color to my hair. So for the first time in my life, I added some subtle highlights. Nothing drastic since I probably won't get another haircut for a year, but something new for me. Jason kept Katelyn and watched the whole process and chatted. Katelyn even had her hair trimmed so it could stay out of her eyes. She gave me a deal, which I probably would have never done it knowing how much it would all have cost me.

Well, it is lunch time and I must feed my girl

1 comment:

Wenona said...

First time in your life adding color to your hair? Wow! You should post a picture! Glad to hear that things are going well, even with Jason gone for most of the week. And yes, fall is approaching. I'm okay with it, it's my favorite season!