This last week and weekend have been quite a busy and exciting time. I turned the big 3-0 on the 28th of June! So I enter into a new decade and leave my youth behind, or so I'm told. Now I'm 30 as my husband has repeatedly told me. It's only a number and you're only as old as you feel. I don't feel or think 30, but 30 is the new 20!!!! I was spoiled by my hubby. Since I'm an awful, critiquing person to buy a gift for, he went safe and bought me flowers and had them delivered to the house after he left for work.

Later that night, the 2 of us went to the Lamplighter restaurant, one of the nicer restaurants in town for an expensive dinner of steak and shrimp and tuxedo cheesecake. Happy Birthday to ME!
Thursday my parents dropped in for a couple of days to visit for my special, momentous birthday. We started the night off with homemade pizza with help from Chef Katelyn.


We spent Friday in Billings, shopping up a storm. Katelyn did as well as can be expected considering she started teething for her 2 yr molars. What fun those are. It was nice to have her take a sleep in the stroller in the mall. It was greatly needed by all of us.
Saturday turned out to be pool day. We finally got some heat at the start of summer and the weather had been phenomenal and the wind has been at bay for the last week which is amazing. Katelyn started off in some water that was for Tucker to drink outside.

The pants got wet so they were soon disposed of. Then we got out the pool and filled that up.

Plunked the slide into it for our own water slide.

We had a bbq of sausage burgers from home and the bbq fixin's. After the great news that Daddy got the officer position, it was back to the pool and pail.

Being the great mother I am, we forgot the sunscreen so K got a good farmers tan.


Yesterday was just a relaxing day. We went to the park nearby before lunch.


Headed home for freezies and movies just to stay out of the heat since we had so much the day before. For dinner, kabobs were on the menu along with a fire and trike riding.






We had some awesome weather for my parents stay and some good memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment