Saturday, August 4, 2012

Canada Week 2

We stayed busy the last week in June. We had my grandpa Peters (my mom's dad) over for a steak barbecue on the 22nd.
MMMM! Beef, it's what's for dinner! He got to meet his 4th great grandchild.These are my sisters: Janesa on the left and Gina on the right.
Four generations on my mom's side.

Sunday, the 24th, we had kind of a late Father's day wiener roast with my mom's side of the family. She has two sisters and their kids and grandkids came down to my parents.This is my cousin's daughter, Sephira. She and Katelyn are 3 months apart and play really well with each other. This was their second meeting and they remembered each other. It helps when both parties are helping the kids remember by showing them pictures. This is my other cousin's son, Brody. Brody and Sephira are 1st cousins. My girls and these two are 2nd cousins. Walking back down the drivewayafter checking out the cows.
My Grandpa surrounded by all of his girls and one Great grandson. I only have 3 cousins on this side and all of them being girls. Girls run pretty thick in this family. My grandma has 3 girls, my mom and auntie Marilyn each had 3 girls. Now Candace (sitting) had Sephira, I had Katelyn. Stephanie snuck Brody in there and then I had Megan. These are the cousins that my girls will know, because there doesn't seem to be any cousins coming on either side of mine or Jason's family anytime soon.
Monday, my friends Lisa and Sarah met us at the Plum Coulee Beach. It's a man made little beach in town and yes, Plum Coulee is the name. I went to elementary school here. Which was kind of ironic we were there, because when we were packing up to leave. the whole elementary school came out to the little lake to watch the 8th graders row their cardboard box boats across it. It was quite comical to watch and nostalgic because we saw 3 teachers we all had when we were in elementary school.
The kids had fun and got some sun. Gina was nice enough to come with us and help me with Megan or taking Katelyn in the water too. I did venture into the chilly water as well, so I wasn't a total beach bum.
Me, Sarah, and Lisa. Our kids, Orrin(2), Katelyn(3), Claire (3 1/2) and Gracie (4). The girls are all little mini me's of their mothers.

My parents have an expansive lawn to mow and they mowed it a few times while we were there. My dad cleaned up what was mowed by raking it to the cows and his little shadow was right beside him helping.
And after some hard work in the sun, a bath and a Dairy Queen Dilly bar were in order. I was shocked to seeshe ate the WHOLE thing!
We spent the afternoon with some new friends in Thornhill. I had not seen my friend Renee Kreiser in a few years, so it was high time we caught up. Her girls and Katelyn got along quite well once everyone warmed up to each other.

The 28th was my 31st birthday and the first time in a long time that I got to celebrate with friends. I met a lot of my girlfriends from elementary and high school for supper. Some of these friends I've known since kindergarten and others since high school. They have gotten together once a month since we graduated. That's 13 yrs ago! Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of us, but someone did. After dinner, we went to Sarah's house for dessert and talked till 11:30pm! And it's a mommy only night, but I did have to take Megan. It was great to see a lot of them again.

The 29th, we went out for breakfast with my family before Gina flew back to Edmonton. I met Sarah, Nettie, Theresa and Charmaine at the Splash park in Morden after breakfast. It took Katelyn a while to get used to the sprinklers but she did eventually get a little bit wet. I love these parks because they are safer than the pool and easier for me with an infant and a preschooler. Sarah was champ and took Gracie and Katelyn through the rainbow since they didn't really want to go in by themselves.
Out of 5 mamas, we had 11 kids there! When we weren't getting wet, we were swinging and climbing on the playground.

1 comment:

AE said...

wow, looks like quite a fun trip, Amanda! I'm sure your family was elated to have you visit for a while. --erin