Thursday, May 16, 2013

4 yrs old!!!!

April 29th was a special day for us as Katelyn turned 4 YEARS OLD!  I had to remind her of her special day, and I got the biggest smile.  Pancakes have been a breakfast favorite and today was extra special, so we made extra special pancakes with strawberries and whip cream!  For her birthday present, I found her a pink backpack with sparkles.  She has been wanting a back pack for a while.  Any bag she can sling on her back is a backpack, or a packpack is what she used to call it :)



 I kept asking her what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday.  She wanted a pink princess cake.  This is what I came up with.  We had a pink cake filled with homemade whip cream and strawberries and covered with pink buttercream icing.  I printed of the 3 princesses she wanted, Sleeping beauty, Cinderella and Belle. She's never seen these movies but she knows her princesses.


We booked her party at a local play place that has opened recently.  We've been there a few times and for a few other parties.  We got the party room for a hour and play time with friends for 2 hours.  We can't book the whole place privately but we had it on a Monday morning and no one else was there, so it worked out great.  Jason was even off that day and was able to come.
Katelyn with her friends, Oriah and Sam. 
Megan getting in on the play action

Sadly this was the only shot of her opening toys and blowing out the candles that I got.  So disappointed, but I was busy serving everyone cake.  

2 hours and it was over.  Goody bags handed out, thank yous said and we were home.  I was more disappointed it was over than Katelyn was.  We had a good time with all her friends and spent the opening every gift she got and playing with them all.  It was a good day completed with pizza for supper.


No comments: