It has been threatening to snow here for the last couple of days and last night, the clouds finally dropped their cargo. Yes it did make driving a little scary when you can't see the lines, but I made it. I asked God, "Please give us a couple of inches!" This morning there was a couple of inches on the ground! Okay maybe 2 or 3 but that's still a couple of inches in Powell. Cody this morning had nothing, but now it has snowed and stopped, snowed and stopped. It was nice not to have to worry about icy roads but the brown and yellow was getting a little old. Now the white kind of gives us something clean to look at for a while.
I've started going to a Beth Moore bible study at church last Thursday. If you've never done a Beth Moore bible study, DO ONE! This is my 4th. We're doing Believing God and it's challenging me to really, really believe God and what he says he can do and who he really is. Very often, we say we believe but do we really believe? Are we willing to hand everything about our lives over and let God fix our worries and problems? This study is a lot about our own personal faith and building our faith based on how God really is, not by what we've been told. I've also challenged myself to take this seriously. With these books, you have 5 days of homework before the next meeting. I would get into it and do it faithfully but then I would wait and do 2 on Monday, Tuesday and hopefully be done by Thursday. Because I want to grow closer to the Lord, I want to do one everyday. I want to crave my time with the Lord instead of doing it out of obligation or not doing it at all.
Anyways, I just challenge all of you to make your time with the Lord a top priority in your own lives.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment