Thursday, February 7, 2008

Super Bowl Weekend has come and gone, this was the latest excitement we've had. We had our pastor and some friends over for the big game. By a few friends I mean 6 others and our little living room/dining room was full. Not to mention the table was loaded with the non-nutritious football food. I think fun was has by all except by maybe the two other wives there who are not football fanatics. Myself, I can watch a game and get the gist of what they're doing. At least this gave was a close one and it took till the last 2 minutes for the underdogs to win it.

We've since started going back to our home church of Victory Fellowship and have been welcomed back with open arms. Last July we left to fill the worship position at New Life church in Powell, but after a few weeks we felt it just wasn't working out and I really missed Victory. Of course now with Victory being in Cody and living in Powell, this does mean a 25 min commute 6 days a week since I still work in Cody. For things in the evening I just stay in town, so it's not too bad. Tuesday the church is planning a valentine's banquet at a restaurant and I've been recruited to help with the decorating, so I've been scouring the internet for tasteful ideas. No cardboard cutouts or tacky decorations for me but we'll see how it goes.

Our next couple of weekends are already booked for both of us. The weekend of the 16th, Jason is on a weekend retreat to a church in town that is kind of a grown-up lock-down called Walk to Amaeus (sorry about spelling) It's a secretive kind of deal where a lot of details aren't given out but it's supposed to strengthen your walk with the Lord. They take away cell phones, watches, entertainment etc. so it's just you and God and a bunch of other people. They do all the men the first weekend and the ladies are the next weekend, so I'll be going to that one. That same weekend as mine, Jason hopes to go to Rapid City with some guys to go to a men's Conference hosted by a friend of ours. So they will have a mens weekend doing manly things like skeet shooting, mountain biking, ( I know, at the end of February it doesn't make a lot of sense but that's guys for ya) and other things. Hopefully he can go.

No comments: