Thursday, March 27, 2008

Life is Precious

I'm reminded again today of how precious our lives are and how quickly it can be taken from us. At school this morning we had an emergency faculty meeting with the principle and super intendent. They said last night there was a car wreck on the south fork road and there were some students involved but their conditions were not known. Then the really shocking news was that the attendance secretary Gail Smith died this morning outside her home while she swept off her car. Just like that! Her sister Terri is the head secretary here at the high school and had not known where Gail was and went to go look for her. So she didn't know either. She was not at the meeting but I'm sure she's found out by now.

It is always shocking and somber when you see someone the day before and the next day they're gone. Both students and staff are shocked and the school is pretty quiet.
There have been so many traffic accidents and death lately. We also had a student die from meningitis a couple of weeks ago.

Life is so short and unpredictable. That's why we need to be ready, but we also need to do our job in living out a Christian life so others may see and know God.

3 comments:

Alexandre Araujo said...

hello Amanda
I just wanna give a hug in your new family, you know that!
Ilove your housban before you.
Ask him.
We are a brother, ask Ed too.
My name is Alexandre , but just Alex,
We spend a time together in Wyoming coupple years ago.
Good time, its true. Bless time.
So, I give a wacht to him! Beautiful one.
Just because, the life is Precious...
Take care, and God Bless you!
Alex

Christine said...

It has been a while since I stopped by. I am glad that your friend was okay and still able to make it to her own wedding. I am sure you pictures turned out great!!

I will be praying for your school and the staff as they go through the hard times ahead. We never had anything like that happen at GVC when we were there, did we?

Wenona said...

Life is precious - and I think everyone takes it for granted until something tragic happens. We need to be ready at all times and take every opportunity that God gives us to spread his Word. Thanks for the reminder.