I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a break from my job. This time of the year, everyone needs a break. My job is not hard or physical but I still need a break from the normal routine. Next week is my week off. What will I be doing you ask? Not a whole lot. The 17th, I need to head to Casper, WY to get my passport stamped so I can stay in the US until I get my next green card.
That is a story in itself. 2 weeks ago I called my lawyer to ask where my new 10 yr card was. His assistant said that the office that processes them for this area, in Lincoln, Nebraska, was only processing papers sent in July of 2006! A year and a half behind. I sent mine in Dec or Jan of 2007. My first 2 yr card expired 2007, my receipt paper extending my "visa" expired this last February. The assistant told me to get on line and make an appointment to see an immigration officer to get my passport stamped so I could come and go into the country. I was so worried that I'd lose my job or I'd be deported or something. That the appointment I made would send me to Nebraska, Denver or Idaho Falls to get it stamped. So I started praying and put it in God's hands to deal with. I was still fretting over it. (worry is not a good thing to have) Jason was working at a friend's house and Tracy came home and I told her about my day and conversation. They have a guy from England who is living with them while he remodels his house which is down the street from us. She called Rob up and asked what he did in his similar situation. He gave me the name and number of the assistant to a Wyoming Senator whose office is in Cody! So I went in to see her and she was the sweetest lady. I was scared I get some crotchety/uppity women who wouldn't care. She cared and got me an appointment in Casper, which is only 3-4 hours away and the closest immigration office. She got it the day I wanted it. So hopefully everything will go smoothly. They can't and won't deport me and I won't lose my job. My paper work is in process so I'm still legal. So God answered my prayer!
Other than our trip to Casper, I've also been asked to take pictures at a friend's wedding on Easter sunday. So I'm borrowing a friend's camera and hopefully Faith's computer (right Faith?) so I can download the pics right away. This is something I've always dreamed of doing. This wednesday I'm also taking an evening course on how to use digital cameras and they'll hopefully give some photography tips. Pictures come to my mind at different times when I think about it and hopefully everything will go smoothly the day of and I'll be happy with the results. This could be the start of something bigger,. Who knows what plans God has for us.
So in a nut shell, that's my spring break.
I know I haven't posted pics in a while. Jason has the camera this weekend at a mens retreat he's attending in South Dakota with some friends. They had to drive 10 hours to get there but there was a big incentive to go. They are holding it at a pheasant ranch and they'll be doing some pheasant hunting and skeet shooting. Guys, guns and hunting, they'll go anywhere.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment