No, it's not ours but it was Jason's grandparents 50th on Sunday. We were asked to help them at a "reception" they were having. So as a weekend celebration, we all went to Olive Garden for supper Saturday night. I love Olive Garden! I pigged out on bread sticks, spinich artichoke dip with bread and my favorite and only dish I've gotten, Chicken Marsala! My recipe just doesn't compare. I'm feeling the extra pounds I put on though, but it was so worth it.
They had the reception at their church which is actually a converted store in downtown Billings. The people that own it made it really trendy and hip. It would be a great coffee hangout. They have a coffee bar, a stage for concerts that they host and cool retro 50's tables with the sparkly chairs. It was so cool.
We helped set up and get the sandwiches out and my job was to serve the cake. They gave each other their original wedding rings, which over time don't fit anymore and they don't wear them. But the re-commited their vows to each other for the next 25 years. Wendall said he's not doing 100 years, so 75 is the next big goal. He's so funny.
I even broke out a skirt and heels for the occasion and the winter white legs saw light for the first time this year. And they were white! Not a pretty site.
Unfortunately we didn't spend much time outside. It was such a beautiful weekend too. We did do some yard work when we got home sunday and filled the sprinkler lines with water and tested out the sprinklers. We had to figure out how they worked since it's both our first time dealing with sprinklers and the first summer in our house. The neighbors were having some rowdy friends over for a barbecue and there's not a fence between our yards, so we went to our front patio and dined by candlelight by the barbecue. It was too nice to sit inside.
All I can say is, Welcome Spring and goodbye cold weather!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Coming on your way again!!!
Blessings!!!
Welcome spring is right! Enjoy the weather...
Not obese, just over weight!!!
So good to see you guys!!! So much fun to be there, we miss you both!!
Blessings!!!
Post a Comment