Life has not been extremely interesting for us lately. The weather has gotten cold again and it snowed last Sunday keeping us inside. Well, okay not inside, Sunday we did have a good time. Our friend's Eduardo and Jessica came to town for a whirlwind trip. It was the last time we would see them for the next 2 years. They have committed to go to the Sudan to Preach the Good News and to learn languages and things they would need on the mission field. Eddy gave the message for the service and then friends gathered around them to pray and bless them on their new journey. I couldn't help getting teary eyed. We hugged them many times that day not knowing when would be the last good-bye. We did go for lunch with them and other friends and then headed up the North Fork with them to meet more friends to look at a ranch that is for sale. Our friend Jim Nicholson was the tour guide around the ranch and we crammed 9 people into a Dodge extended quad cab! I don't remember how many times my head hit the ceiling!
This week, my evenings are planned for me. I've committed to help plan a women's one day retreat at church. It's called the Bloomery. A spring themed day filled with crafts, reflection, food and meeting new people. It should be a good day this saturday. There are about 30 people signed up to come which isn't too bad.
I did hit Billings with some friends which was fun. I was kind of in a personal "funk" that day and maybe didn't have the best attitude at times. Sorry girls!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Personal funk or not...I loved hanging out with you. Friends are for the good and the bad, right?
Hope to hang out with you again soon...with our without a funk. : )
Iwas so blissful at not having a child I didn't notice the funk either. Some friend i am. Or maybe your funks aren't as noticeasble as you think.
Iwas so blissful at not having a child I didn't notice the funk either. Some friend i am. Or maybe your funks aren't as noticeasble as you think.
Post a Comment