Sunday, February 8, 2009

29 Weeks!


Sorry it's not the greatest picture, but this is my expanding belly at 29 weeks. Where is the time going? Having a job sure makes the time go by much faster as you live for the weekends. I've been feeling good the whole way through and I can't really say that I've hated being pregnant. I'm just loving all the little extra attention people give me, or should I say the belly. People, surprisingly, have been pretty hands off with the belly up until this point. I get the few little pats or comments about "blooming" or "progressing".

I went out to my car after church one Sunday and found a big present on my seat. One of my good "older" friends had thought to give me this 3rd trimester gift box. Some new slippers, a "Life is Good" mug with Hot Mamma Hot Chocolate and a touching card. That so made my day. Her advice was to put up my feet and take it easy. I do have to say that I've had it pretty good.

Jason has really been a huge help. He cleans, does the dishes, empties the dishwasher and does laundry. (I'm not that pumped about laundry when it's my good clothes in with his work clothes or towels) So, what do I do if he's doing everything? I do those things too, or I have to go behind him and put things away where I put them and not just shove them into a cubbard.
He's been so loving and makes comments that I'm looking good pregnant. He feels the baby move when I lay behind him with my belly to his back. He's getting more and more excited about having a baby, which really helps me emotionally. I'm not just in this alone. He felt my stomach and commented how hard it actually is. I said that it's getting harder for me to clean out the dishwasher, and now he could see why. Some how, he'd gotten the idea that the baby belly would be soft and shouldn't be hard to bend over. Oh what he is learning! We actually have a week away from eachother this week. He drove down to Denver to work with his cousin for a week, painting a house or something. He called today and said that it's a major mission field down there.

Yesterday, we had a little birthday party/baby shower for Faith Kingston and little Noah. Kind of a double birthday party. Some friends from Meeteetse and I travelled to Erin Kreider's new "hacienda". It was a fun girl get together playing Balderdash and of course, eatting all the goodies that girls bring when they get together. We just didn't think that guys would eat very well, when they got together for a party without their wives' help.
Out of the nine that were there, 4 were Canadians and 3 from Manitoba. Pretty much the back row, minus Erin Geving's on the far left (sorry Erin) are from Canada and the 2 on either side of me are fellow Manitbans. Watch out, we're here to take over!

4 comments:

wyofaith said...

Thank you so much for the gifts- coming to the party- everything! I had so much fun!

Prairie Mama said...

Your belly is sooooo cute and I loved getting to see it, I mean you, yesterday. : )

I love you Canadians. Glad you came south to our neck of the woods.

Wenona said...

Aww! A belly picture! You are looking fantastic for 29 weeks! I think I was much bigger at that point! LOL.
Thanks for the update!

Daniele said...

cutest diaper cake ever!!!