Friday, February 20, 2009

A Lonely February

February has not been a month of love for us. Not that we don't love each other, but that we've been seperated since the 7th. Jason is working with his cousin, Dan, in Denver and I've been home keeping the "Home fires burning". I can't say it's been terribly hard for me. I kind of like to be alone in my house to do what I want to do. I can also add all the onions and peppers I want to my food and no one tells me I have bad breath! We do talk on the phone, at least 2-3 times a day. He told me yesterday that he's missing the 3 of us. (That includes the dog.)
(me at 31 weeks!)

It hasn't been all tough times for him being in the big city. He knows that's not something for him, but he did enjoy going to the Bass Pro Shop and spending 4 1/2 hrs browsing! BPS is a huge hunting, fishing, outdoors kind of store. He said it's probably as big as 4 Walmarts. They have tons of displays of animals, a waterfall and pond full of fish, a 100lb catfish and a tank full of trout weighing at least 10lbs or more. There is even a full restaurant there. He and Dan spent Valentine's dinner there. They forgot it was Valentine's and didn't realize it until later that there were couples of men and women everywhere, and here they were, 2 guys at a table on Valentine's day. Yeah, they got some stares. Jason has been staying with Dan at his house which helps with his costs and Dan's been showing him around again. It's been 7-8 yrs since he lived down there for a couple of months and things have really changed.

My Valentine's was about the same. I did some cleaning and called up my friend Sheila, to go for supper. Her husband was at a mens retreat for the weekend and she too, was alone on the day of love. We didn't know what single people did on Valentine's since it's been a long time since either of us has been single. We headed out to Hansel and Gretels, with babies in tow for a chance to get out of the house. Sheila is 22 weeks along and I'm 30. So it was easy to pack the two of them up. HA HA!

I also had a great visit from some fellow Canadians. Sarah and Myron Wiebe were travelling through the area and called on me for a visit. They had been to Texas and Kansas to see Sarah's family. They bought a horse trailer on Ebay from Casper, WY and were 3 hrs away from me. Their daughter Gracie, came down with an awful cold and were debating if they were going to stop in. I'm so glad they did. Even though Jason was absent, we had a nice visit and they could see our home. They brought along a bag of baby gifts from them and another friend, which I so appreciate.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Aww Amanda! You've "popped" since week 29! It's so cute! I'm quite enjoying your updates!

Wenona said...

Yes, I agree, your belly has popped out since the last picture, but it's about time - you still look so nice and small! You are a cute pregnant women!
And how nice for Sarah and Myron to stop in, that must be great to catch up!

Amanda said...

I can see the "poppage" a little bit, but I can't tell which is greater. The belly or the butt!

Christine said...

You look amazing!!

To answer your question on my blog, I came home on a Monday and Wendell was back at work on the Wednesday. That was all I really needed. Not much that Wendell could do at home for me and I always slept with Dylan slept, so it wasn't a big deal. Hope you enjoy your last weeks of pregnancy. It will go by super fast and your baby will be here.