As I sat at my desk yesterday morning, I noticed my throat felt kind of sore and my nose started to feel fuller. Great, I'm getting a cold! After going all winter long with no sniffling colds, but one day of stomach flu, I thought I was doing really well. Somehow I couldn't outrun the sniffling virus that has plagued so many at school. I almost had a panic attack about being sick and pregnant at the same time. It's been bad enough that my nose plugs at night and I have to breath out of the mouth to sleep because of pregnancy. Now, as I was trying to drink and not be able to breath at the same time, I had a rush of feeling like I was drowning OUT OF WATER! Thankfully it passed.
Sleep has also been a struggle for me lately. My internal alarm clock is now set to 2:30 AM and has made it a struggle to sleep after that time. It's not the most restful sleep after 2:30, but I get in some extra minutes, only to wake up ever hour after that or to a nudge from the hubby to get the freight train to stop snoring in his bed. This makes work somewhat difficult. I sit a lot of the time in class and have found myself fighting the heaviness of my lids at every part of the day. I get up and walk, take a drink, eat something, only to sit and feel some relief for a few minutes. The human body is amazing though. As soon as the final bell rings, it's amazing how awake I feel and ready to go home. I think I may get a quick nap in before supper, but I'm not a napper.
Really, I can't complain with how I've been feeling through this very quick pregnancy. 6 1/2 weeks left until the due date! And still, no nailed down names. We haven't really discussed anything. We did start our prenatal class last Thursday. There is an apparent baby boom in the midst of a recession. Our class has 15 couples signed up in one class. The due dates range from April 25 - mid June. So there is a span but not by much.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Amanda,
We thought too that choose a name would be a easy task, and it is not. May be God has the name and we just have to ask Him for it. I hope we would be able to hear him!
Blessings!!
6 1/2 weeks! Wow! Time flies when you're not the one that's preggo!
I have always thought it amazing how God trains us to be up in the night before baby comes out. You will be well prepared for that first few months of not having your normal sleep.
Hang in there! It might be a struggle now and going by way too slow but soon enough you will not be able to keep track of the time because it will be zooming by!
Ahhh, the nights of waking up every hour, tossing and turning, and the incessant snoring that seems to happen when you're pregnant. Phil was SO happy when that baby finally came out and the snoring stopped! LOL.
I cannot believe that you only have 6 1/2 weeks left till your due date! Wow, your pregnancy has flown by so fast. I hope you are doing well and feeling okay, besides the cold you have caught.
Can't wait to "meet" this little bundle of joy!
Post a Comment