Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No Baby yet!

I've made it out of my house to the library for some errands on the net. Surprising you can have errands on the internet, but I do and this is one of them and checking up on everyone else.

No developments so far as far as baby at my last friday appointment. I was closed for business. I do have another appointment tomorrow and maybe things have changed. It seems like it's sitting more on my bladder than before. This probably happened due to our weekend events. After church on sunday, we drove up Clarks Fork Canyon with some friends and took a 4 wheeler/jeep trail in a suburban. Let's say it was bumpy, but not too bad that I was extremely uncomfortable. The guys went fishing while myself and Tracy sat around the fire. We weren't there for long and we were in the truck again. Tracy said that a bumpy ride started her contractions with her first, but I'm hoping that it didn't do anything but maybe drop it. My doctor informed me on Friday that she is leaving the 22-25th of APRIL! I'm due the 26th! So now I'm praying that I don't go into labor this weekend because I really want her to deliver and not some man I don't know. We'll see, this could be a very long week. Just pray with me that this little one will not make their entrance until next week. I still can't believe I'm going to have to go through the birth process. AAAHHH!! I"ve been watching a Baby Story on TLC to get myself prepared for this next "adventure". I can't help but tear up when I see the end result.

I have enjoyed being at home and doing what I want. I finally, after 7 long years, have finished my DTS scrapbook! It feels so good to have that thing out of the way. I've since moved on to our honeymoon, because that would be a short one to add to our album. I have yet to start a pregnancy book, but I don't have any pictures of the two of us. Just my weekly update photos. So that one could be short too. I've also been keeping a journal that I occasionally write in. I've also had grand intentions of making food for the freezer, but that just hasn't happened yet.

Somehow, someway, I'll keep you all posted on the upcoming details.

3 comments:

Wenona said...

Thanks for the update! I know how you feel about wanting your Dr to deliver your baby. My midwife was taking a whole month off because of her mom being so sick, but it all worked out - she was back in time and I was overdue! lol.
I watched a LOT of TLC before I had Koen. And some days I sat there and said "yep, I can do that!" and others I said "whoa - I don't think so!" But once you're in that situation, you just do it. You'll be amazing Amanda! All the best!!

wyofaith said...

Wow- my sister made me watch a birth video and I almost died. It showed everything- poor Ron, there is so much gross stuff that comes out that the men have to see. I liked my veiw- my pretty doctors face and then my BABY!
You won't be tearing up, you'll be bawling like a baby when they put that wet little body in your arms. Well, maybe Jason will be and you will be holding his hand telling him he did a great job!! :)

Dana said...

Yeah, I remember that same feeling before I gave birth to Trey and I still look back and can't believe I gave birth twice!! You will do fine!!
Can't wait to hear if this baby's a girl or boy!!!!
Take care of your self and little one too!....oh, and Jason or maybe he should be taking care of you!!! :)