Tuesday, February 2, 2010

9 Months!


Raise your hand if you're tired of seeing my same two posts for January. Okay, you can all put them down. Time for something new.

January was pretty uneventful for us. Jason helped our friends, Mark & Amy Law, with their house. Mark has been working alone on finishing their home and needed some help taping and painting. Katelyn and I accompanied him a couple of times to keep their two boys and Amy company. Their youngest son Wesley is a day older than Katelyn. It was fun reconnecting with them and getting to know Amy better. Their oldest son William seemed to take a liking to me and told Jason, that when he came the next day, he had to bring his wife and baby.

This last weekend we ventured up to Billings for the wedding of Jason's cousin Jennifer. It was the smallest wedding I've ever been to, with only 40 people in attendance. Things weren't done in the usual manner at this affair. Jennifer and Brandon have been living together in Florida, but decided to come up to Billings to be married. This is where the majority of their families live. They had planned to just get married at the court house, but I think people stepped in and decided that they needed a regular wedding. So a wedding was thrown together in the last month and even down to the wire. Invitations weren't even sent out, so it was a word of mouth ceremony. It was still nice and somewhat personal. Jason's sister Malissa was asked to do the pictures, which she does a wonderful job at, but they both weren't really into the pictures as much as she and I were. But, she made do and took enough to get some good ones. Jason was in charge of the music and sound and did a wonderful job. The wedding started at 4pm and was cleaned up and everyone was gone by 8pm. The couple, having lived together already, weren't in a hurry to get their hotel room as other young couples are, (which I think is a shame) but they decided to go to some local bars and party with some of their friends in their wedding attire. The rest of us went home to our beds.

Malissa is just in love with her niece and always ends up taking a million pictures of my girl and thankfully, shares them with us through the web. When she wants to be in the frame, I get to take the pictures. Oh, to have a really nice camera!
These were taken on Katelyn's 9 month birthday, at the rehearsal.
Giving mommy Kisses This picture is so cute. They bribed Katelyn with the microphone she was playing with and dangled it above Malissa's head to get her to smile. She has such an infectious smile.

1 comment:

Malissa said...

OHH I am in love with my niece! She is such a little doll. I'm glad you put these pictures up:)