I haven't had much to post since we haven't done a lot in the last month. I stick pretty close to home and Jason gets out to Cody everyday, with his new job! A huge answer to prayer! He's a Plant Operations Tech for the Cody hospital and he loves it. Something I never thought I would hear uttered from his lips, but it did happen. He has to take my car everyday since his truck may be on the fritz again. My car doesn't do that great on fuel either, so with the skyrocketing gas prices, it could take a chunk every month just to keep him on the road, since he has to drive a 1/2 hr each way. So good-bye self-employment! Yes, when he works, we make more $, but that's only if he works and work has been pretty much non-existant this year. So even if he took a pay cut, we know that there is still money coming in every 2 weeks and any side work is extra money.
That's our biggest news.
In other Pelly news, we have moved K into a toddler bed. I was not ready for this because it was so nice to put her in her crib, give her some books and she would eventually go to sleep.
Not now.
We have been reading to her on the spare bed, and when she falls asleep, we leave her and sleeps all through the night for the most part. In her toddler bed, she doesn't sleep too long and hen I find her at my side of the bed, "Daddy, daddy," I'm not mommy but daddy or da-yie.
So sleeping has been a struggle at our place. She goes to bed, but can't settle down and then doesn't fall asleep until late. Oh, the joys.
She enjoys playing with "wader" any time of the day. I now get more wet giving her bath, than I have before. Splashing and throwing water is a new game. I even got daring and let her play with water and the new word, "babobos or babos" (bubbles) and water doesn't always stay in the sink. We have to change after this treat. I had a book of paint with water from when I was a kid, years ago, that I had. So she has liked doing that, but the water doesn't last long, because she ends up drinking it out of the little cup or dumping it from her chair on the floor.
Spring has shown her pretty face lately and all the snow around here is pretty much gone. Yesterday was so beautiful after church that we hauled out the slide from our pastor, which we've been sliding on inside, outside and played in the sunshine with a neighbor girl. Echo walked by with her grandpa and told me she was so bored, so I invited her to play with Katelyn outside, which kept both of them occupied all afternoon. Echo is 6, so there is an age difference but that doesn't stop her from playing with Katelyn. I was able to pull out the lawn chair, throw off the socks and shoes and read a couple of pages in between talking to the neighbors we haven't seen all winter. Everyone here is getting cabin fever and it's time for some warmer weather.
So now you're caught up with the goings on around here. Hope you have a great rest of March if I don't write before then.

1 comment:
She is so adorable!! I love the picture of her sleeping with her book on her face. lol.
Getting them to stay in beds can be challenging, but just stay consistent and it will work out great. She'll learn.
Glad you are enjoying some spring weather!
Post a Comment