Thursday, October 20, 2011

Little Melody All Grown Up

October 8th, I spent the evening in Clark, WY attending the wedding of a girl I met 10 yrs ago. Talk about feeling old. She was just 10 yrs old herself and here she was, a 20 yr old woman getting married. I got to see some people we haven't seen in a long time and some marveled at how big Katelyn has grown. There was quite the gathering of children from couples we've known through CWAM at this wedding. Katelyn was one of the few little girls there. The boys have dominated around here. A few of us moms gathered together before hand and discussed what we all had for occupying snacks to keep everyone quiet. Katelyn did wonderful and sat quietly with me the whole ceremony, which was an answer to prayer since she didn't have much of a nap before hand.

The ceremony was simple and yet beautiful. The church itself was quite pretty standing alone looking into Clark's Fork Canyon from the sanctuary. The front was covered in river rock and the chandeliers were resin deer sheds. It was a pretty, rustic setting for a wedding.

Her colors were teal and brown. Her bridesmaid made her dress and had brown and teal boots that someone else and myself were kind of admiring. Most of the family and some guests got the memo that some of us must have missed in the mail, on wearing the wedding colors as our attire. Oh well, we still looked smashing :)


There ceremony was officiated by a long time friend of ours, Ron Kingston, who did a great job and was choked up at the thought of little melody also getting married.


Saying their vows.


Having a moment to have communion together as husband and wife.


Having a prayer said.


Having their very first kiss!


The new Mr. & Mrs. Longwell!

The reception was short and sweet. Her dad, Jim said a few words and played a song for Melody, "I loved her first" and she had a little dance with him. It was choking for me just thinking about that being Katelyn one day. It was a tender moment.

We were on our way home after blowing bubbles on the newlyweds and seeing them off in one of their decorated cars. Their honeymoon plans were somewhat unique. They went to Red Lodge for their wedding night and then they were going to high tail it to Banff, AB but their sleeping accommodations were on an air mattress in the back of the truck. When I asked Melody about their honeymoon plans, she said that Jon was being "practical". I asked if she brought her flannel pajamas. "Oh yeah, I brought all my under armor under clothing." Well girl, I hope you stayed warm :)

1 comment:

Jon and Sheila said...

Thanks for this post! I miss Wyoming weddings. They are so different than here. Nice to see the pictures and feel a little more connected.