Thursday, February 16, 2012
Air Pop Popcorn
One night when daddy was working, Katelyn asked for popcorn. Since we didn't have any microwave popcorn, I broke out the air popper and kernals. This was a real treat for her since we never seem to use it. The kernals were old and I didn't know if they would work, but they did. She loved sitting on the counter watching the kernals pop and drop out of the chute into the bowl. Adding a little melted butter and salt, we were ready for a girls night movie and snacks. I forget which movie we watched, probably something from the library, which would be something along the lines of Curious George, Bob the builder or any other children's movie. She was very intent on it and her popcorn. Of course baby had to sit with us too. It has become her one thing to sleep with lately. 



She has not forgotten about this new popcorn technique. She'll sometimes ask for it and I should just give it to her as a healthy snack, but I just don't think about it when she asks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment