Going back through our home videos, I noticed that last year on Valentine's day, we baked Chocolate Brownie Pudding for all of us. This year, having been addicted to Pinterest, I thought a fun thing to do for this year was to make Rice Krispie Treats cut into hearts for the kids at church. As I was making them, I realized it had been a really long time since I had even made the cereal bars. I had a very eager little helper to help me. She was in charge of measuring the cereal, with some help of course, and counting out the marshmallows into the pot. She is so smart and has a memory of having marshmallows on the fire when we went camping last summer with friends. She just amazes me sometimes with what she remembers.
Minus one marshmallow.
The end result and yes her hands were clean, I think. :)
These were made on Valentine's day but we had made a batch last Saturday to bring to church on Sunday. She was so cute handing out her hearts to her friends in the nursery and to our neighbor friend, Sam. Sam also gave Katelyn a "balintine" gift, thanks to her mom Kim. She got a red frog that plays a song and his cheeks light up when you press his belly, along with some M&M's and twix bars she shared with mom and dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment