Tuesday, February 15, 2011

For Sale: Baby must-haves

Ever since I had my baby girl and received a "hooter hider" as a gift, I have been making them for all my friends having babies back home. It was my one thing I couldn't live without. There is a girl at my church who is expecting for March and the ladies had a baby shower for her 2 weeks ago. Trying to think of things to make without spending a lot of money, I got crafty and found ways to use up my many scraps of material from the covers I have made.

I was given a cover that was two sided but never used it much, so I tore it apart and made one cover for Heather, (the first time mom).

Then I have seen baby gifts on Etsy.com and made a covered wipe case. I had to make myself one first, so I didn't flub up my gift. I still had more left over of the brown and blue material, so I made a changing pad, something else I should have had. I thought I did pretty good for spur of the moment. I had plans of being done before the shower, but of course, my last two gifts were last minute, so I was busy sewing up until I left for the shower.

Since I thought of my friends and of how many covers I have made, I thought I should maybe start selling them. So I put out a blurb on facebook and a friend ordered two and two covers as gifts. One cowboy and one for a girl. I still have to do the girl's and put the last bit of ribbon on the cover for the cowboy, but she was thrilled.

So blurb friends, pass the word, if you're looking for a one of a kind gift for a good girlfriend or family member. I'm here to please.

1 comment:

wyofaith said...

Hey! I need one! How much are they? And do I just give you the colors and you pick the fabric? This is for Ashley K and I was thinking little polka dots in cute girly colors- yellow lime green pink etc. Anyways call me- the shower is on the 12th.
Faith