Sunday, June 19, 2011

Potty Training

I finally decided that I was going to buckle down and really start potty training. The first week in June was upon us and I had been warming K up to the idea by making her sit on the potty and trying to get her to go on there. Sometimes we hit at the right time and other times we would miss it. So we went straight into big Girl panties and we haven't looked back, except at nap time and bed time are the diapers still in place.
I do have to say we've been pretty successful most of the time. We have had a few accidents, or should I say many at home, but so far only twice in public have we had a serious accident. It is the oddest thing, in public she will tell me she has to go, like 4 times in a row we went at the quilt store. It was kind of bothersome because sometimes nothing happened, but she was telling me right? So I would rather go than wait and see a puddle on the floor. Now that would be embarrassing. At home is where we have the puddles. Just to get the point across, she did get a spanking for doing it on the floor and just watching, and we did put a container of Canadian smarties in the cabinet in the bathroom to make giving a reward easier to remember. Sometimes she tells me she wants a "pea" and we have to differenciant between a "piece" of candy or we really have to "pee".

This is probably more than anyone wanted to know, but this is what we have been doing. So if you come to our door, just be warned that clothing is sometimes optional for the 2 yr old and you may see more than you bargained for. :)

No comments: