Friday, June 3, 2011

Where did May go?

So it's been a month since I've blogged. I'm sorry that I haven't had much to report here, so I'll do my best to try and catch up on the last month.

Rain. That's all I've got to say. Wyoming has had rain for most of the month of May. Many of the locals have said they have never seen so much moisture in the spring. Flood watches are out for a lot of places. The spring run off took a lot longer to get here, but the dam has been letting out water to make room for the runoff. Water for irrigation has been flowing since the beginning of May but no one has had to irrigate with all of the rain. That is a blessing. I love the rain too. But, it did delay the garden going in until yesterday. Oh well. Now the wind is battering the tiny plants I have sitting on my freezer since the 2nd week in May. Yes, I was anxious to buy some greenery. The Cucumber plants have twisted their stems in the wind, causing me to buy two more replacements today. These will be planted after the wind goes away and lets them grow. The flowers went in a couple of days ago and they don't look too good. The new ones I bought a couple of days ago look great!

We acquired some debt over the last couple of years which we have wanted to see gone. This is the year of no more debt! We've sold a few big ticket items that have helped us pay off what we owe. It wasn't acquired due to a want, it was due to the rollercoaster of work that is called construction. It has been so nice these last couple of months to have a paycheck coming in every two weeks with Jason's job at the hospital, minus the huge expense of fuel! The last 2 months, he has been getting smaller jobs to do in the evenings which has gotten us ahead! We sold his tool trailer, horse trailer and his horse. Mine is up for sale and needs to go. Not that I want her to, but we haven't been utilizing them since we've had Katelyn and we can't keep them where we live. So with the rising cost of hay and right now the shortage of hay, we are letting them go. I am sad to see that part of our life disappear for now, but God knows our hearts and our desires and maybe in the future we will have horses again. For Katelyn's sake, I hope it's sooner rather than later.

I'm really drawing a blank as to what we did in May. It doesn't help that I haven't taken many pictures to refresh my memory. I forget to buy batteries and then I look at the price and pass on them. Yes, I'm cheap, but I must remember some time soon.

No comments: