
As of July 1st, 2011, I have the wonderful news to announce that Jason Pellegrino has been added to the Powell Police Force. He is extremely excited about his new career! Not that Cody Hospital has been a bad place to work. He enjoyed all the guys, the people and all the pranks, but a policeman has been a heart's desire for him. He was getting tired of making the 1 hr drive everyday too. So instead of shelling out $300 a month on fuel, we can maybe save it or put it towards health ins. for me and Katelyn since Jason's is paid for.
The hiring process has been a lengthy one. We weren't initially going to tell anyone he was applying for the 3 open positions that they have, but once they start background checks, they want to talk to everyone. The guys at work were happy for him, for the most part. They are all older and are lifers to the job for the most part. Jason just didn't fit that bill with that job. We are thankful for it though. It helped us in a great time of need when construction work has been non-existant for us except for small side jobs.
Two days in June were set aside for testing. If you failed any test along the way, you were out. First came the written, then the physical fitness, which he passed. This was his second time at the written and had failed once before, but now was successful. There was an interview, a psych evaluation and a visit with the shrink. Having passed all of those, the chief called references, employers, fellow employees etc. I even had an interview with the chief at our house. Talk about nerve wracking. I agonized over my answers for the next couple of days, because I thought I did such a terrible job of talking about Jason and his character. Oh well, it is behind us now. So July 1st, he had a final interview with the sergents, dispatcher and others. He came home pretty beat thinking he did awful. It was a grueling hour interview. Our friend, Reese, also applied and passed everything. Jason called him after his interview and they both agonized over their answers to one question about bluffing to someone to get a confession. They both changed their answers four or five times. After lunch, Jason got a call from the chief asking if he could come over. So he came and asked Jason with a straight face, "When do you want to start work?" AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! He came outside with a huge smile on his face. So he packed up really quick and drove to Cody to give his two weeks. Reese also made it and will be training alongside of Jason. Two more Christians have been added to the law around here.
So July 18th is his first day. I'm excited for him. Our lives are going to change, but everything is in God's hands and we'll just adapt to all the changes. Regular weekends off will be a thing of the past.

5 comments:
Wow!!! Congrats to you guys. Gods blessing and protection on you and your family!!
SO SUPER exciting!!! Not sure if Mark Hartman is still on the force, but he is a long time family friend from Ohio, and he and his family have been living in Powell since I was like 10! I visited him and his sweet wife, Michelle, quite often when I was at CWAM! Praying everything goes well, that the job transition is smooth, and that God gives you peace when he leaves for work every day! Blessings you guys!! And CONGRATS! :)
Maybe that's not clear... Mark was on the Powell Police Force while I was in WY. Haven't talked to them for awhile, so I'm not sure if he's still on! Just to clarify, a smidgen! :)
Congratulations...what a career! What a ministry! Excited for you guys...have a great visit with family!
That is so awesome- way to go Jason! I am so relieved to hear that I can now speed through Powell whenever I want! Ha ha
Post a Comment